3 tbsp tomato puree
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 fresh red chilles, deseeded and chopped
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp artificial sweetener
1 tsp hot chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp medium curry powder
Fry Light or other low-calorie cooking oil spray
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 onion, peeled and finely grated
4 dried curry leaves
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
400g can chopped tomatoes
250 ml/ 9 fl oz chicken stock
8 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
1. Place the tomato puree, garlic, fresh and dried chillies, salt, sweetener, chilli powder, paprika and curry powder in a blender or food processor.
2. Add 60 ml/2 fl oz of water and blend until smooth. Set aside until needed.
3. Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and place over a medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 minute before adding the onion and curry leaves and cooking for a furher 5 minutes.
4. Add the chilli paste mixture and fry for 3 minutes. Stir in the coriander, cumin, tomatoes, stock and chicken and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 35 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender, stirring occassionally.
5. Season to taste and serve immediately.
1/2 syn on original