Tuesday, 25 August 2009
Makes 12 cupcakes
5 Scan Brans (1/2 pack)
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp ground cinnamon
8 tbsp sweetener
150ml hot water
1 banana (the browner the better)
1 package of blueberries
1. Grind Scan Bran into a powder.
2. Heat blueberries on high for 30 seconds in the microwave. Add 1/3 of the blueberries into bowl with the other ingredients.
3. Mix ingredients together with a mixer. Then fold in the rest of the blueberries using a spoon.
4. Separate the mixture between 12 silicone cupcake "papers" or a microwave-safe cupcake "pan."
5. Cook in the microwave for 6 minutes.
2.5 syns for all 12 muffins or b option
plus extra syns for the banana and blueberries because they've been mashed and cooked
1 sachet gelatine
3 level tsp instant coffee granules
4 level tsp light brown sugar
227g/8oz very low fat natural fromage frais
½ tsp vanilla extract
10 tbsp artificial sweetener
2 egg whites
1. Sprinkle the gelatine into a bowl containing 6 tablespoons of very hot water. Stir well until dissolved, and then cool for ten minutes.
2. Meanwhile, dissolve the coffee and sugar in 3 tablespoons of hot water, then mix in the fromage frais and vanilla extract. Add sweetener, and mix in the gelatine.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the coffee mixture using a metal spoon. Spoon into 4 individual bowls and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
1 syn per serving
125g/4 1/2 oz quark
6 level tbsps artificial sweetener
1 sachet Options White Chocolate drink powder
2 drops vanilla essence
4 medium eggs
8 level tbsp artificial sweetener
2 level tbsp cocoa
2 sachets Skinny Cow Chocolate drink powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. To make the cream filling, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl and chill in the refrigerator until required.
2. To make the buns, whisk the eggs and sweetener together until thick and creamy. Sieve in the cocoa and the Skinny Cow Chocolate powder and fold into the mixture using a metal spoon. Divide the mixture between 12 bun cake cases and bake on the top shelf of the oven until firm.
3. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once cool, remove from the paper cases and sandwich two buns together with the cream filling.
2 syns per double bun
or optionally, make bite -sized ones at less than one syn each
Tuesday, 18 August 2009
340g/12oz self-raising flour
170g/6oz caster sugar
113g/4oz low fat margarine
1 x 200g pot Muller Light Vanilla Yogurt
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp mixed spice
2 squares from baking chocolate, grated
1 level tsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Place the ingredients except the chocolate in a food processor and blend until smooth and well mixed. Stir in the candied chocolate shavings.
2. Grease a square baking tin with Fry Light and spoon the mixture into the tin, levelling the top. Cook in the oven for 40-45 minutes until risen and golden. Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar and then cut into 12 slices and then halve each slice again.